Monday, August 17, 2009

Hello...*echos heard through out* Ah the sad state of a forgotten blog. Like an instrument sitting in a closet. Longing to be played...

The other day I tuned an out of sorts piano. In my experience I've learned that no 2 pianos are the same. Each one is different. Each has a specific tone, and story from the owner. I learned from the owner, (a lovely 96 year old woman) that it was a gift from her husband who had passed away years ago. A gift of music even though he loathed the sound of a piano. We laughed as she told me a couple of stories, of going through all of her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren trying to find someone with musical talent to carry on the music in the family. Finally, she told me, that she was so excited to find that 1 grandson has an interest in music. He is one of my students now.

It reminded me of how we each have our own individual passions, and made me think...okay, so what are you doing with these passions? Are you hoarding them? Are you sharing them? Are you using them for the glory of God? We've each been given passions and talents for different things. You may look at someone and be absolutely amazed at some ability they have, perhaps even be a little envious. But I guarantee that they are just as jealous of some other talent they've seen in someone else. Something that may come easy to you could be an incredible struggle for the person next to you. Praise the Lord for differences! Think how boring our society would be if we were all exactly the same! Develop your talents! Use them to benefit others! Be excited by your differences from other people! There is only 1 you.

Well...I think that's it for my contemplative blog of the year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home