Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh Poo!

Yes, that's right. This post is about poo. Why? I've had a very close encounter today with poo. And before you get grossed out or something...Every living thing poos! So there. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's normal.

This post is more specifically about dog poo. I was asleep in my room this morning, aware it was morning but still semi-unconscious. I heard a knock on the door. Never a good sign. I shouted, or rather whined, "Come in." My 14 year old brother came in with a terrified look on his face and said, "Toby pooed a really big cow pie right in front of the tv!" Now Toby is our Yellow Lab puppy. He's 9 months old and about 65 lbs. Reallly more of a giant than a puppy.

I knew my 18 year old brother was sleeping on the couch in the tv room because my grandparents are staying in his room. So my first thought was "Why couldn't you wake up Jared???"

My next, "I thought Jared let him out last night."

Then, "Wait a minute! Where's Mom?" Everybody knows when a mess is made by a pet that is not owned by a single person but the family as a whole...mom decides who has to do the clean up.

So I asked "Where's mom?" And I got my answer..."She already left for town with Gran & Papa." Tim is sitting at my desk looking completely freaked out by this time. Gagging, everytime he walks to the edge of my door. So I finally sigh, resigned to my duty, and say, "Okay, I'll be right there to clean it up..."

"Hey Tim, Solid or Liquid?" "Both..." "Oh that can't be good!"

I stumbled to my door and glanced quickly around the tv room. There it was, my nemesis. Sitting like a giant Cow Pie right in front of the tv. Jared was still asleep, I don't know how, right in the middle of the room. I purposely woke him up with my loud phone call to mom for instructions on which cleaners to use. Why wake him? I didn't want to deal with this disgusting mess alone. He stirred and covered his head.

Now the weak of stomach might want to turn away for a moment. This was not your normal dog poo. This looks like our poor boy had some tummy trouble. Mostly runny with a few chunks. Sorry about that. I grabbed the dust pan, and a trowel and began the task of scooping up the pile. Once it was all on the dust pan I had a little fun pretending I was going to drop it on the boys, because let's face it, there's nothing more fun than watching boys scream like little girls.

So got that outside and washed away. Back to the green stain. I started scrubbing with soap and water and it seemed to be working just great. Then I went over it again with some fabric cleaner scrubbing and scrubbing. Jared finally got up and grabbed the de-oderizer and started spraying it around the room. Through all of this I was able to keep my nose plugged, praise the Lord! That smell is one of the worst for gagging... Windows open. House airing out. Crisis Averted!

Or so I thought...

As I was typing this, I heard a scream. Tim again... "Christa!!!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home